TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - what makes you think there aren't viruses or diseases
People Seeking Info

Subject what makes you think there aren't viruses or diseases

Posted by LJZTT on April 04, 2020 at 4:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 153 times.

In Reply To Re: Lol! Not offensive at all to me. The origin is China. posted by JggyZX on April 03, 2020 at 07:42 PM

Message named after places of origin or other north american roots?
Muerto Canyon virus aka Sin Nombre virus
Black Creek Canal virus
Bayou virus
all Hanta viruses similar to the Andes virus

That required all of 2 minutes on a search engine other than google. So how about you accept the fact that you are displaying a lot of ignorance and acting according to your social conditioning rather than reality and rationality? IOW try sitting on your hands for a while and STFU.

Why would you feel the need to call one an American virus? some sort of juvenile morally equivalent PC tit-for-tat? that makes as much sense as calling it chinese virus or earth virus, it isn't specific enough. I suppose two wrongs make a right to folks like you huh?
Wuhan virus, or West nile virus, or Marburg virus....THAT is specific enough, and everything points directly to Wuhan with this virus, and more specifically a lab and virology institute located there. These organisms will all have their scientific names for researchers to know exactly what they are dealing with. Nobody needs or asks you or some dimwit in the media micro-managing the fracas. Funny how PC media expects us all to refer to it by scientific nomenclature, yet no other organism is having this standard applied to it. How many people are killed by other organisms?

Scientists can call it SARS-COV-2 or whatever they need to in a way that makes sense for them, just like they call an elephant Loxodonta Africana but normal people call african elephants, elephants.
Why this is controversial is because you are conditioned to see controversy where none ever needed to exist. No one calls it dihydrogen monoxide, we call it water. Why does this need to be an issue for people like you?

With that said, Chinese Plague is dumb because
A: plague is a biblical term, a catchall used before we understood what was really happening, there were creatures surrounding us and invading our bodies that we cannot naturally see a bacteria is not a virus, etc
B: we will need a lot more specificity than "chinese" for a POINT of origin that encompasses a region of billions of diverse human populations across vastly different ecologies and wildlife

Wuhan Virus fits the bill, but ultimately I am not who decides and so whatever sticks is what sticks, and there is a silly as fuck fight by politically correct thought police and their self-appointed deputies like you to ensure that what sticks is what they deem acceptable. The results are entirely predictable, folks are sick and fucking tired of your useless crusades and people are going to call it chinese virus now expressly because people like you can't live and let live. So go ahead, play stupid games, win stupid prizes as the saying goes.

The quantity of articles in "liberal media" written about customary disease naming practice "history" after Trump says one dumb thing like "Chinese virus" is absolutely absurd. That anyone is focusing their attention on offending people at this point speaks volumes about those very morons obsessing over it. Keep your misguided paternal/savior complex to yourselves. Has it ever occurred to any of you that maybe sticks and stones don't break chinese bones?

On a sidenote, since I'm on a rant roll today... "coronavirus" is as vague a term as "mammal" or "fish". Public ignorance is simply impossible to over-estimate, and proliferated by the stupid and lazy who have a disproportionate influence in media that reaches americans. Saying you caught coronavirus is like saying you went camping and were attacked by a mammal. What mammal? A squirrel? A raccoon? A grizzly bear?? It makes a HUGE difference. Coronaviruses are nothing remotely new. Most people who joined the military have already caught coronaviruses at least once, they typically sweep through basic training like wildfire. That is what I experienced, approx. 15 or so out of 60 got sick and washed back, docs explained it was a coronavirus that spreads due to poor hygenic practices (in basic training?? who would have guessed??) combined with immuno-compromised (due to stress and sleep deprivation) individuals packed together all day everyday. We all likely got infected, but not all got sick.

Hard times create strong men,
Strong men create good times,
Good times create weak men,
Weak men create hard times.

I think it is clear where on the cycle society resides at this point.

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.